Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nivea Med Protection Lip Balm Review

My 1st review~ Just the musings of moi. I’m no guru, mind you ( ´ ▽ ` )
Nivea Med Protection Lip Balm SPF 15
There was a week where I felt strangely weaker than usual. On top of that, my lips… scared me. I mean they really freaked me out. Dry as a desert on the outside, with little bumps on the inside. I had mouth sores, which made eating and talking a chore. They were bleeding (the last time my lips bled was in the 6th grade when I refused to use lip balm "because it's girly eww") ! Looking back, it’s prolly because I started using a lip gloss that I hadn’t used in a long time…

I looked after my lips by:
• not eating or drinking hot things (the colder, the better - no prob since I love eating ice haha)
• gargling with Bactidol 3-4 times a day
• foregoing the rest of my lip products for this baby:
  The packaging matches my nails  *simple joys* ( ω)
What the box says:
Do you want to prevent your lips from being dry and chapped?
The formula with the natural ingredients bisabol and wheat germ oil support the lips’ natural moisturisation process and protect them before they crack. NIVEA Lip Care Med Protection is a must-have in dry conditions.
  • Strengthens the resistance of your lips against external
    influences
  • Gives long lasting moisture
  • Provides extra care and protection
  • Contains SPF 15, protection against UVA and UVB rays
No need for a swatch - it goes on clear
Pros
  • SPF 15
  • Affordable
  • Lasts a long time
  • No funny smell
  • Does the job!
Cons
  •  Kinda waxy, but I don't mind
This no-frills lip balm helped me out big time! The trouble started on Monday and worsened by Tuesday morning. I started using it in the evening, saw significant improvement by Friday. My lips were fully healed by Sunday! 6 days to fully-recovered lips :3 This would prolly make a decent lipstick base, too. The fact that it’s affordable *forgot how much, around P100 I think? will update* means that you don’t have to hold back - just slather it on like kreyzeh!

The review posted here is an updated version of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment