Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Bench Hairlastic Flexible Fibers Review

Most people think that permed hair is wash-and-wear hair. Well, yes and no.  If you choose to go for a more natural look, you could leave it alone and towel-dary as usual. If you want more defined curls, guuurl, you gon' have to work for it! Don't worry, it doesn't take a lot of effort, just 5 minutes tops ^^

During my first perm, I'd apply mousse on my hair; it made the curls crunchy. Then I tried applying a serum that worked for me pre-perm. It made the curls shine.. and straighten out. Yikes! I was determined to do better now that it was the second time around.

Where to go for good quality and affordable hair products? Instinct told me to head to Bench.

Bench offers a wide range of hair products, so choosing can be quite a feat. I wanted a product that would define my curls well (but not to the point of petrifying them). A product that didn't smell too funky. A product that wouldn't cause my wallet more unnecessary weight loss. In the middle of reading and rereading hold and shine ratings, I suddenly knew why I was there: I remembered how my sister would use a certain product on her permed hair (and how, in my not-as-girly days, I would actively ignore it). Since I have such wonderful memory, it took all of my brainpower to conjure an image. A flash of purple. And then, it hit me.

Behold! Bench Hairlastic Flexible Fibers!

Teeny pot is teeny!




What it says on the pot:
Your hairdo: wicked and twisted
What it says on the website:
Creates free forming hair styles that is water soluble, making it wash out easily.
The glossy, dreamy cream

Pros
  • Retains your hairstyle's shape without sacrificing softness
  • Light, non-sticky formula
  • Gives a shine boost
  • Has a nice scent
  • Travel-friendly size
  • Washes off easily
  • A little goes a long way 
  • Available anywhere! You can also spot this at groceries and drugstores 
  • The name: It's a mouthful, but I like how it rolls off the tongue. Say it fast enough and it becomes a tongue twister haha
  • Affordable: A little under PHP40 for 25g!
Cons
  • Having to dip your fingers in over and over again is unsanitary.. but heck, it's your hair - not exactly the cleanest part of your body (。_゜)
Verdict 
 Worth every centavo! I'm in my 4th month of permed hair and I've only used 2 of these (with more than 3/4 of the product left in the second pot). I think I can even use this on my soon-to-be short and unpermed hair to create textured styles. I highly recommend it (・∀・) 

Tips

  • Apply the product when your hair is damp and only use a little; if you apply too much and/or your hair is dry, your hair will end up all stiff and icky (think "the gel effect").
  • Twist and scrunch! You can part your hair into 2, 4, or 8 sections depending on what type of curl you're going for. The more sections, the tighter the curls. I'll make a (crude hehe) drawing of this to go with the post about my digital perm experience.

1 comment:

  1. What if you have a straight gair and accidentally bought in the market?

    ReplyDelete